Writing, Editing, Proofreading
CMS & Website Design
Media Training & Speaking
OWNER & DESIGNER
MOONWALKER THINGS / Feb 2017 - Present
- Create jewelry and ceramics, and manage all website design, writing and marketing.
SENIOR PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER & BLOG EDITOR
YELP / Aug 2012 - Dec 2017
- Led communications strategy for partnerships, brand marketing, product launches, legal, corporate affairs, philanthropy and cybersecurity during my tenure (previously as PR Specialist).
- Wrote and edited messaging, blog posts, website content, strategic plans, email campaigns and ghostwriting across many topics, from consumer technology to diversity and policy.
- Developed national marketing and PR campaigns to drive consumer awareness, app engagement, and sales team effectiveness: Top 100 Places to Eat, Yelp Foundation Gives Local, Yelp Trends.
- Managed media relations as part of a small team with no ongoing agency support, handling upwards of 40 inquiries per month, as well as proactive outreach and crisis response.
- Partnered with brand marketing and consumer research to define communications priorities, create message/channel map, and align messaging with our target personas and revenue goals.
- Led a cross-functional team of 15 editors for the Yelp Official Blog (180,000 average monthly page views). Created editorial calendar and content approval process.
- Supported annual and quarterly strategic planning and budgeting.
- Hired and managed agency for blog redesign (sessions +49%, bounce rate -1.6% YOY).
- Managed brand voice and style guide and worked with creative team on copy, graphics and video.
- Led social media strategy, content creation, and crisis response for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
CHARLOTTE REGIONAL VISITORS AUTHORITY / Mar 2010 - July 2012
- Edited print and digital publications: Official Visitor’s Guide, economic impact studies.
- Wrote marketing content and press releases. Pitched media and hosted press tours to secure 200+ articles and large-scale events including the 2012 Democratic National Convention.
- Designed email template and wrote monthly internal newsletter for 500+ employees.
MARKETING & SOCIAL MEDIA ASSISTANT
LEVINE MUSEUM OF THE NEW SOUTH / June 2009 - Feb 2010
- Managed social media strategy and created website content and marketing collateral.
B.S. Public Relations / University of Florida / 2007
Masters in Business & Marketing (MBA) / University of North Carolina at Charlotte / 2009
Insights for Innovation: Design Thinking / IDEO U / 2016